We Make Good Character Cool!
Welcome to the Lucky Kat World of Good Character!
Got GC?! Kids are encouraged to click the GC button throughout Lucky Kat World to find out what good character traits will help them in their gameplay!
Why use games to encourage good character? Easy! Digital games are the number one youth activity in the world, making it a great way for children to engage and retain what they learn!
Nurturing a child’s good character development in elementary school is the best gift you can give them. Learning the value of honesty, respect, responsibility, integrity, trust, perseverance and so many other character traits will serve them over a lifetime. It will be reflected in their attitude, actions, vocabulary, the way they communicate, their work ethic and their achievements.
At LKW, our mission is to provide elementary school children a safe and fun way to understand and develop good character, positive attitudes and strong social and emotional skills through digital activities.
Pro-social activities are a primary key to bullying prevention. The more pro-social activities we provide our children, the more positive the social climate will be in our schools. Pro-social activities are weaved throughout a child’s entire experience at LKW.
Games Bring Character Education to Life!
LKW provides children a pro-social gaming environment that mirrors entertainment style venues. By reaching young people through a carefully-designed combination of fun games and edutainment activities, engagement levels increase significantly.
Research shows games are an engaging and effective way to reach children!
A recent study by Iowa State University conducted in 7 different countries, showed that over 90% of youth play video games and those activities directly affect their real-world behavior. Pro-social games promote positive behavior while anti-social games promote negative behavior.
Pro-social activities offer life-long benefits!
Numerous studies demonstrate that children participating in pro-social activities improve their academic performance, have fewer behavior issues and develop into healthier and more productive adults.
Character in Action at LKW
- Lucky Kat World activities feature over 60 character traits which include both performance and personal virtues.
- The LKW airplane waves a clickable banner that displays the “GC Word of the Day”. Players click on the banner to hear the character word defined and used in a sentence.
- Every time a player rolls over a GC Crew member, they’ll hear a positive, encouraging or character building message.
- SEL activities highlight over 50 emotions a child may see or feel themselves.
- Children are introduced to LK4; a fun critical thinking skills process that helps kids set and achieve goals. Katville offers children a creative way to exercise those skills.
- Explorers practice good citizenship on a worldwide environmental mission. The more destinations they unlock, the more diverse they can make their Katville.
- The GC Game Center is filled with games that reinforce character education.
- Coloring sheet illustrations help children understand character in action.
- The GC theater is filled with rotating videos that demonstrate real life character building situations.
- Players click the red GC button on the web or in an LKW mobile app to find out what good character trait will help them in their gameplay. A GC Crew member then defines the trait and uses it in a sentence to show its relationship to the game content or game action.
- The GC Tree rewards young people when they learn new character traits.
- GC Challenges help determine if a player understood and retained the meaning and use of each character trait.
- Performance Character is rewarded with points, coins, trophies and character badges. The more coins a player earns, the more they can build in their Katville virtual world.
- Activities, scores, achievements and program progress are viewable in the player’s Profile.
- Teachers are able to track each child’s Profile from a single online portal.
Here are some of the Character Traits children will learn at LKW!
- Golden Rule
- Never Give Up
- Own It
Soak up these Good Character traits while you clean the birds!
Pick up these Good Character traits while you recycle the trash!
Edutainment at LKW
- Lucky Kat World activities are primarily designed to help children understand and grow their good character. However, children will also find games that reinforce basic academic skills in math, spelling, reading, reading comprehension, social studies, geography, history and science.
- LKW game protocol enhances sequential learning; requiring players to follow a sequential order to unlock each activity and to advance in each game.
- The LK Cruise Ship adventure provides social studies lessons through Mission Logs, Mission Quizzes and gameplay as children learn about the culture, dress and environmental challenges around the world.
- LKW game content offers unique learning opportunities. For example, the species of fish change in the fishing game based on where the player is geographically located.
- Fun, colorful plaques line the walls of the cruise ship. Players will learn about animals, birds and sea creatures found in the waters near their current game location.
- Every time a child unlocks another continent on the LK Cruise Ship adventure, they’ll also unlock the corresponding store in the Katco Mall. Now they can build a Katville community with the terrain, buildings, furniture, plants and animals from that part of the world.
|Children are encouraged to click the red GC button on each LKW mobile app to see which good character trait will help them in their gameplay|
|The GC Crew provides encouraging messages when children click the GC sign on the "Lucky Kat World" waterslide. The LKW app also gives children access to their player Profile to track all their online and mobile achievements.|
|LKW’s "Mall Madness" app is a great way for children to learn how to count money. Based on Common Core standards, each game level corresponds to a math grade level.|
|Perseverance is the key to success in "Smash". This challenging app has endless levels!|
|"Sliders" is a hangman style game with several categories of words; good character, animals and sight words for each grade level. This app offers a fun way to practice spelling. Many children enjoy the challenge of knowing the answer to the word hints as much as trying to spell each answer.|
|"Home Run Derby" is a fun baseball game app! Lucky and Lexie remind players that good character is always a home run.|
|Creative apps like "Ali’s Closet" encourage children to use the LK4.|
|In "Bird Rescue", children learn about compassion, environmental concern and the species of birds that fly over the 7 continents of the world.|
|"Rat Chase" puts players in the driver’s seat of the Kat Patrol as they round up the bank robbers and learn about justice.|
|It’s all about fun in "Lucky’s Funhouse Photos"! Safety first! You can save your crazy photos to your own device but you can’t share them on LKW.|
|Lucky Kat World mobile apps are included in all LKW membership and subscription packages.|
- Create an online LKW account
- Download any LKW mobile app from the App Store or Google Play Store
- Login with your online username and password for unlimited access
*Free online accounts include limited mobile access
Join the Lucky Kat World of Good Character!
Reinforce your character education lessons through safe, online edutainment!
Lucky Kat World is an ever-evolving world of good character and fun! This one-of-a-kind, award-winning edutainment website is the perfect complement to your computer lab or afterschool program.
No time in the classroom? No problem! LKW offers LK Club Memberships for home use.
Lucky Kat World provides a safe, entertaining environment for your students to learn how to put their character lessons into action! Every GC Crew member on the site has a positive or character building message to share! Many of the games reinforce character identification and development, others reinforce National Standards and Common Core and some are just for fun to help keep your students’ attention.