Reinforce your character lessons by adding LKW to your classroom or computer lab. LKW activities encourage children to build good character, help others, be good citizens and save the planet. LKW’s Student Progress Report helps you monitor your students’ participation.
Reinforce your character education lessons and help prevent bullying through safe, online edutainment.
Games Bring Character Education to Life!
Games provide a great way to bring your Character Education lessons to life and help children understand how good character traits are put into action every day.
At LuckyKatWorld.com, our mission is to provide children a fun and engaging way to understand and develop good character, positive attitudes and strong self-esteem through digital edutainment.
Lucky Kat World includes an immersive online virtual world with over 100 games/activities and a family of mobile apps geared towards elementary school children. LKW activities reinforce performance character, personal character, critical thinking skills and basic academics. Wrapped in entertainment, character building activities are weaved throughout a child’s entire experience on LKW.
This one-of-a-kind, award-winning edutainment website is great for after-school programs and is the perfect complement to your computer lab!
Academic's Choice Award
Mom's Choice Award
Parent's Choice Award
Why Use Video Games to Help Build Character?
Kids love video games so they stayed engaged while learning!
96% of today’s youth play video games and recent studies show those games directly affect a child’s real world behavior. Pro-social games increase pro-social behavior while anti-social games increase anti-social behavior.
According to the ESRB, 90% of games for ages 10+ contain some type of violence. It’s imperative we provide students engaging alternatives that promote pro-social behavior.
Pro-Social Gaming in Lucky Kat World
LKW provides your students a digital playground with over 100 online & mobile games/activities and a virtual world where they can express their individual creativity!
- Edutainment - Students have the opportunity to practice and reinforce basic skills as well as learn through engaging science, social studies, reading, geography, history and math activities.
- Critical Thinking Skills - As players build and create their own island adventures in Lucky Kat World, they’re encouraged to use the LK4 critical thinking skills model to help them set and achieve their goals.
- Performance Character - The program encourages children to challenge themselves and seek adventure at their own pace. Players earn achievements and good character badges as they unlock activities and weave their way around the globe.
- Personal Character – LKW strives to enhance character development through game content and interaction with LK’s sixteen animated characters.
- Environmental Citizenship – This year’s LK Cruise Ship Adventure challenges players to save the environment across the seven continents.
Technology that Makes a Difference
LKW includes an online virtual world and a family of mobile apps
- Subscriptions – LKW is available for classrooms, computer labs, after-school programs and home use. Subscriptions include access to LKW’s family of mobile apps for no additional charge.
- Fundraising – Schools, PTAs, PTOs and nonprofit youth organizations can earn up to 50% of each membership purchased (home use) on their behalf. There are no minimums or out-of-pocket costs to participate.
- Platforms – The full version of LuckyKatWorld.com is currently available on desktop and laptop computers. LKW also offers a family of mobile apps which complement the online program.
Character Education in Action at LKW
Our Goal is to Make Good Character Cool!
- Golden Rule
- Never Give Up
- Own It
Students are encouraged to click the GC button to see what good character traits will help them in their game play. LKW games reinforce both personal and performance character.
The Himalayan Relief game encourages personal character. The goal of the game is to bring food, water and medicine to those in need while you scale the Himalaya Mountains.
Children can create islands with buildings and habitat that’s indigenous to each continent of the world. As they unlock each destination on their LK Cruise Ship Adventure, they’ll unlock the corresponding continent store in the Katco Mall.
Do you offer computer time as a reward? Ask your students to build an awesome candy island! They’ll need to earn coins and use their critical thinking skills in order to show their creativity! learn more: luckykatworld.com/lk4-video
Fun and Engaging Edutainment
Over 100 games & activities in a safe and positive environment!
Stimulates Performance Character
Offers achievement based play with virtual rewards
Fosters Personal Character
60+ character traits are weaved throughout the site
Exercises Critical Thinking Skills
Students learn the LK4; a fun way to set and achieve goals
Encourages Positive Attitudes
The 16 LK characters are always encouraging and positive
Promotes Good Citizenship
LKW is filled with community building activities
Compels Environmental Responsibility
Players embark on an environmentally themed cruise ship adventure
Helps Prevent Bullying
LKW’s pro-social content promotes positive behavior
Students are encouraged and rewarded for all levels of play
Reinforces Classroom Learning
Edutainment content reinforces a wide range of classroom topics